In the course of the week, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Charles Udoh had used all available and relevant media platforms to sensitize the public on the emerging profile of Akwa Ibom State as the fastest growing economy.
The Information Boss even had to appear on two separate AKBC TV shows, “Ntiantia Asaka” and “Centre Point”, Ibibio and English programmes respectively to clear the air on most issues the public needed answers to.
According to Charles Udoh, so many high flying industries are now in operation in Akwa Ibom to fast-track the industrialization-drive of Governor Udom Emmanuel and boost the economic base of the state. He listed such industries to include: the Jubilee Syringe, the digital electric metering solution and metering box factory; the flour mill, coconut refinery and the Ibom Deep Sea Port, all loading in the state as well as the fertilizer blending plant and Plastic factory, among others.
Beneath are facts about Akwa Ibom State which you need to know and which will give answers to most of the questions you asked during the week.
(1) Akwa Ibom State is soon to enjoy a major leap with the first “Made in Akwa Ibom Syringe” to be rolled out by February this year, 2018 by the largest Syringe Factory in Africa, the Jubilee Syringe which is operating in the state. The Syringe Factory has a daily production capacity of 1,000,000 and their syringe is the best in the continent in terms of safety and health.
(2) Akwa Ibom State has laid the foundation for an 8500 capacity international ecumenical centre at the Commercial layout, off Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo. The Worship centre will have smaller chapels in the complex that can be utilized by religious bodies without structures of their own. The architectural masterpiece will be a veritable outfit for religious tourism in the state.
(3) “Udom in my Community”, is a sensitization campaign from the stable of Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Charles Udoh is geared at projecting and promoting the Landmark achievements of Governor Udom Emmanuel through a photo/video competition. All interested members of the public will be effectively engaged to identify and visit project sites of government to take photo or make video of the projects, giving a brief narrative on the impact of the project on the people. A star prize of N10,000 will be won while top 10 entries will win N2000 recharge card weekly.
(4) Akwa Ibom State Government has reduced the tariffs of transport operators in the State as a means of alleviating the living conditions of the people and boosting their businesses. By this development, the government has slashed the registration and renewal fees of Keke, mini-buses/buses and Taxi operators in the state. Registration for tricycle is reduced to N2,500 from N3,500; a taxi from N9000 to N26,000 while minibusses/buses are to register with N10,000 against the hitherto N32,000. For annual renewal, the fee is reduced to N1500 for tricycle operators from N1700; taxi operators now renew their businesses with only N5000 from N17, 000 while mini-buses/buses also enjoy similar reduction from N17, 000 to a paltry N5000.
(5) AKSG has through a release titled “Let’s build for the Lord”, a befitting place of worship, signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Charles Udoh, made public, two accounts in Zenith and First Bank respectively for voluntary donations towards the building of the international worship centre. The Zenith Bank Account Number is 1015488911 while that of the First Bank is 2032802382. Those with material donations are to contact, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Religious matters through phone number +234 803 427