1. Fruit that is not eaten immediately after harvesting loosed greater part of their nutrient as you keep them longer.
2. Their enzymes may no more be active due to a high or too low temperature that destroys them.
3. Most storage systems are chemical storage as such we take in chemicals not needed in our body which cause health effect
4. The fruit will no more be fresh
5. Their vitamins may be destroy
6. The pest may vest on them
7. Their nutritional value is reduced
8. The moisture content keeps reducing as days passes by, thereby making it not palatable as fresh ones.
9. Micro-organism may spoil the fruit e.g. tomatoes, within a few days, thereby making it not good for eating
10. Some fruit can react with atmospheric oxygen and become brown if cut and keep before eating e.g. garden egg and apple. (Maloney rectum).