1. A computer mouse was first publicly put to used in 1968. Fact!
”The idea of mouse was first conceived in 1962 but was was first and successful invented in 1964, but the computer mouse was publicly demonstrated controlling the computer system in 1968.²”
2. The correct name of a computer mouse is ”Computer-Aided Display Control”. Fact!
”That is fact because the first name given to the box wooden computer mouse was because of the function of the mouse but the name ‘Mouse’ was later given to it because of it resemblance to rodent in size and shape while it cord resembles the rodent tail.¹”
3. The plural name of a computer mouse is only mice same as rodent. False!
”This is not correct because the plural name of the computer mouse can also be use as mouses while the plural name of a rodent (mouse) is only mice. This name was separated in an online English advance dictionary in 1984. ¹”
4. Computer mouse was invented by Douglas Carl Engelbert in 1964 with the help of his staff William Bill K. English. False!
” This is false because mouse was the original idea conceived and invented by Douglas Carl Engelbert in 1964. It was only 8 years after in 1972 that Bill English who was his staff contributed to the design of mouse and developed the mouse called ‘Ball Mouse’ Bill replaced the wheel in the mouse with a ball which made it easy to roll for speed and direction. ²”
5. The invention of a computer mouse ends the entering of data in the keyboard. False!
” Both Mouse and Keyboard are used today for entering data into a computer system. Mouse has help in pointing and clicking data in a computer which was a more tasking job to get it done with a keyboard. ”
6. The first computer mouse was made of wooden shell, circuit board and a two metal wheel. Fact!
”This is fact, Douglas the inventor of computer mouse, made most we from wooden shell, a circuit board and 2 metal wheel. It was later developed and design to look good and portable with the use of minimicro chips which makeup the modern computer mouse.²”
7. The modern computer mouse is optical mouse and was invented to replace the ball mouse. Fact!
”This is a fact, 8 year later in 1980 after Bill English developed the ball mouse two inventors Lisa M. William and Robert Cherry invented the modern optical mouse which was originally cost to be $17 while it was first commercially sold out for $35 in 1988.²”
Some Mouse Usage in window PC you may not have known.
1. Shift+ left button in a text will select the text from the first text to the point which the cursor blinks.
2. To open a web link in a new window you right click the link and you will see an option open link in a new window.
3. The wheel middle button of a mouse can be used in scrolling a webpage or document up and down.
4. In some software like Autodesk Maya the alt + right button will zoom the working space horizontally. While the alt + left button will rotate the workspace of the software and the middle button will zoom it in and out.
5. You can set your mouse primary button by going to setting in your window, then go to device setting and then mouse. Here you can change the left button which is set as the primary click button by default to right.
6. CNT + left button is used to select folders you want.
7. You can set your mouse line and scrol page speed jump by going to setting, device setting and then mouse setting to change it.
Note! the index number at the writeup represent the references number in their reference listed at the bottom of the article which carries the link to the original reference quote above.
You are permitted to share to friends.
This Article is also open for corrections and more contribution on Computer Mouse.