Introduction to AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) has been proposed to be matching human intelligence soon, several AI programs are on the ground while most of them are still undergoing testing which by 2025 will be doing almost all of what humans can do and what human can’t even do.
According to Artificial intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. These processes include learning (the acquisition of information and rules for using the information), reasoning (using rules to reach approximate or definite conclusions) and self-correction.
This computer program AI, mostly written using computer programming languages like Python, C++, Java, LISP, Prolog is taking over from tech smart devices, AI has been tested and seen working well with fingerprint, auto face unlocks on device, voice note reader and voice to text note-taking. Without doubt the future of AI is bright, but what about human employment, human intelligence, and human capability? But do AI have disadvantages at all? That is what we want to find out so today we are going to extensively write on the advantages and its disadvantages on human.
What AI Can Do
After reading you may be surprice and think if AI is going to take over from human owing to it super ability.
there are quite neumerous things AI can do this include.
- face Recognition: Its true that AI can detect your face even from cameras or your photo, several websites in the world use this function, example is Facebook, if your friend post a picture which you are among the artificial machine intelligence code will automatically identifies you and will tag you to the post, at times we think our friend does this, though your friend has the ability to untag you before posting. You can now see that AI can recognize you.
- AI can read Human Minds: I hope you are not surprised because this is true, AI can read human minds and communicate the same back. Forbes said AI can read human minds: This is truly mind-boggling—AI that can read your mind! It can interpret brain signals and then create speech. Impressive and life-changing for those with speech impairment, but a little bit unnerving when you consider the mind-reading aspect of the skill. It’s no surprise that some of the biggest tech giants, including Facebook and Elon Musk have their own projects underway to capitalize on AI’s mind-reading potential.
- AI can Read and can Write: Do you know that a lot of top news companies like NY Times, Washington, Reuter, etc. This is to say a lot of news you read from those sites are written by AI, this news agency really relies on AI to write, it is assumed AI even do much better writing than some journalist.
- AI can see: this features on AI is not new, AI vision is what its used on autopilot, where an aeroplane can self-drive, cars can drive themselves, ATM face recognition withdrawal without the use of credit card is under development.
- AI can touch and can identify what it touches: several robotic machines that use AI can go to a mall or supermarket and pick all the items required on the list without human assistant or mistake, they do that by touching the item, feel them and detect it as the right item needed.
- AI can detect smell: currently, AI programs are on the way which will perceive the breath of the patient in the hospital and will then detect automatically what the sickness is. This is what Doctors can not do, they can only suggest and prognosis.
- AI Transcribe speech even better than an expert can transcribe.
- AI can detect hypoglycemia in a patient 3 hours in advance.
- AI can detect cybercrime
- AI tries to detect emotion using a facial expression.
- AI can detect crop yield accurately
- AI can detect disease in a crop
- AI can predict a football match outcome, several spot site uses this.
- AI can do human legal case research with at least 79% outcome even before the judgment is delivered.
- AI can do several industrial works, I once learned that one robot with AI was lunch in one Germany industry and about 4000 people lose their jobs.
What AI Can’t Do Yet
From the above, you can see that Artifical Intelligence can do several this not even limited to what we have posted. Also, for now, there are things which humans still have advantages over AI let list them.
- AI can not write computer programs yet: Yea AI can’t write any computer program yet, all programs, both computer software and machine software programs are written by humans, including the AI program itself. Well, we never know what the future has for that, but it will be sweet to see AI writing another AI program.
- AI can not create creative content: Yea AI can create content, but not creative content, A post from colocation America Natural language generation (NLG) is a software process that automatically creates content from data. It is being used by businesses for making data reports, messaging communication, and portfolios. NLG creates thousands of more documents than humans. However, all these documents are data-driven and devoid of spontaneous creativity humans are capable of.
- AI does not have a complete emotion: anything longer than 30 seconds to think AI cant handle that for now, that is why it can not completely have emotion like humans.
- Imagination and Dream: Though AI can do suggestions and dictation, they do that base of previous data presented to them analyze them to give a result output, AI can not imagine on it own it can only complement human to do this by suggesting useful data of how it may look like.
- AI can not do physical skills. This is luck to footballers, others trick require sports and physical skills if AI could have done this, in future, we will have been watching robots play EPL, World cup, wrestling, etc. They can’t do this because AI can’t do trickish things.
AI and its Risk on Human Employment
After reading the above we can clearly say the rate of unemployment is seriously going to be high in the nearest future.
If a machine can do virtually everything humans can do, industries will soon replace human drivers with AI Cars. Bankers will lose their jobs as AI machines will now be customers’ attendants and tellers. News companies will no more employ journalists to write etc. The reason why humans will be replaced by this industries is not far fetching, robot does not need salaries, robot does not go on strike, robot does not protest, Machine work 24 hours a day without getting tired, machines with AI can even do better.
It is only few skills that are not on risk with AI, these include, programming, physical skills etc.
Now, what’s your thought on this. let me see your opinion on the comment box.
Photo credit: AI Thority