The worst first half of football this season at Stamford Bridge was followed by more of the same, with Chelsea struggling to create clear chances or even string incisive moves together.
Also Read: Manchester United crushes Mancity
The Blues eventually improved a little bit as Bournemouth clung on, but could not create the telling difference. Lampard tried to switch things up, Emerson missed a point-blank header and then Chelsea conceded late on from a corner and that was that. Gosling was called offside at first, but VAR corrected that mistake.
Also Read: The Politics of Balloon D’Or
- Just one change from midweek, with Mount replacing Kovačić and shifting the team from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1.
- Switch back to 4-3-3 at the hour-mark with Kova and Hudson-Odoi on for Pulisic and Willian.
- Switch to a 4-2-2-2 look for the final 10 minutes with Batshuayi on for Jorginho, Mount and CHO behind the two strikers.8
- Chelsea’s last three weekends have seen us lose to the 14th, 15th, and 16th place teams (positions heading into this weekend).
- Next up: a week to recover before the massive game against Spurs at their new stadium.
You May Also Like to Read: Pogba to leave Man United by January