A devastating fire broke out in an apartment within the palace complex of Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, the revered monarch and Ooni of Ife, on Friday night, leaving residents panicked.
According to sources, the blaze was caused by an electrical appliance explosion, triggered by a power surge in the affected apartment.
The Ooni’s Palace authorities confirmed the incident on Saturday through a statement released by the Director of Media and Public Affairs, Moses Olafare.
He also confirmed the extent of the damage caused by the fire was revealed.
The incident occurred around 11:30 p.m. on Friday, and it took the combined efforts of the Government Fire Service, OAU Fire Service, and Palace Emergency Control Unit to put out the fire.
Fortunately, no casualties were reported, and the fire was contained to the single building that was located in a specific area of the palace grounds.
Leave a Reply