President Bola Tinubu has retired all Service Chiefs, the Inspector-General of Police, Advisers, and the Comptroller-General of Customs Service.
On Monday, the Director of Information at the Office of the Secretary-General to the Federation, Willie Bassey, issued a statement conveying the announcement.
He released a comprehensive list of the newly appointed service chiefs and other key personnel who will contribute to fortifying the country’s security agencies.
Full List of Appointees
The newly appointed Officers are:
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu – National Security Adviser.
- Maj. Gen. C.G Musa – Chief of Defence Staff.
- Maj. Gen. T. A Lagbaja – Chief of Army Staff.
- Rear Admirral E. A Ogalla – Chief of Naval Staff.
- AVM H.B Abubakar – Chief of Air Staff.
- DIG Kayode Egbetokun Acting Inspector – General of Police.
- Maj. Gen. EPA Undiandeye – Chief of Defence Intelligence.
President Tinubu has also approved several other key appointments within the military establishment.
- Col. Adebisi Onasanya – Brigade of Guards Commander.
- Lt. Col. Moshood Abiodun Yusuf – 7 Guards Battalion, Asokoro, Abuja.
- Lt. Col. Auwalu Baba Inuwa – 177, Guards Battalion, Keffi, Nasarawa State.
- Lt. Col. Mohammed J. Abdulkarim – 102 Guards Battalion, Suleja, Niger.
- Lt. Col. Olumide A. Akingbesote – 176 Guards Battalion, Gwagwalada, Abuja.
Furthermore, the President has appointed a select group of military officers to serve in the Presidential Villa.
- Maj. Isa Farouk Audu
(N/14695) – Commanding Officer State House Artillery.
- Capt. Kazeem Olalekan Sunmonu (N/16183) – Second-in-Command, State House Artillery.
- Maj. Kamaru Koyejo Hamzat (N/14656)- Commanding Officer, State House Military Intelligence.
- Maj. TS Adeola (N/12860) – Commanding Officer, State House Armament.
- Lt. A. Aminu (N/18578) – Second-in- Command, State House Armament.
Mr. President has also approved the appointments of two (2) additional Special Advisers, and two (2) Senior Assistants, namely:
- Hadiza Bala Usman – Special Adviser, Policy Coordination.
- Hannatu Musa Musawa – Special Adviser, Culture and Entertainment Economy.
- Sen. Abdullahi Abubakar Gumel – Senior Special Assistant , National Assembly Matters (Senate).
- Hon. (Barr) Olarewaju Kunle Ibrahim – Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives).
Finally, the President approved the appointment of Adeniyi Bashir Adewale as the Ag. Comptroller General of Customs.